"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Monday, September 26, 2005

The weekend

I decided only just before I went to collect my children that I was going to take them to Londinium rather than up to Liverpool - On an adventure I told them when they asked where we were going.

Because It was 6pm when I collected them, it was inevitable that they would sleep for some of the journey - and so it proved. Fortunately the traffic was relatively light, and we arrived at out destination in reasonable time.

Princess is normally REALLY grumpy when she just wakes up - but the second picture tells a different story!!!!!!

They were SO relaxed - fantastic!!!

Pictures that tell a story


Saturday:- shopping (for swimming costumes that hadn't been packed unfortunately) Lunch and then swimming
and the kids were SO good in the evening - in bed before 8:30 and asleep soon after!!!

Sunday:- A walk in the Park for a spot of Creature Discovery, swimming bird feeding, tree climbing and Deer spotting (not that it was difficult, they were EVERYWHERE!), and then a brief visit to the Park before an early tea..

and a troublesome and long journey back to Wales. Only because of a couple of accidents, one at the beginning and one near the end of the journey. The children were impeccably behaved on the journey. They are just the worlds BEST children, and I am so lucky to be a part of their lives.


This was a 'life as it should be with your children' weekend. Just doing 'stuff', and the children just being their normal selves. Which included the requisite number of arguements and fights (especially between the boys) and quiet times and tired times, and things that made you laugh, and things that brought you up short with the brutal and absolute honesty that you often only get from children. I said in a previous post once that these things should be shared.. this weekend they were.. and it was fantastic..!!

Ended up driving for the best part of 9 hours in order to get back to Liverpool - made it a long day - but worth it to have no driving still to do on Monday!!!!!


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home