Tuesday - I am In Training, Me!!!! :o)
So The first day of proper training!!!!!
And the order of the next few weeks is Base Training - I SO need to build up my aerobic base.. Abingdon illustrated that vey clearly!!
So off I went - into the the rather windy and damp conditions prevailing in Liverpool today. Run was a mixture of road , pavement, cinder path..
I'm convinced the wind knew where I was going - 'cos it kept shifting round and blowing AT me!!
and on a sort of circular route too
Bah
Anyway - miles and time on feet are the order of the day anyway - and running aerobically!!!!
Hr was a bit higher than I would have liked - but it's been a hectic couple of weeks!! So I just went for the comfortable - breathe like you're not doing any work thing. In fact found that my breathing pattern was an "In for 4 - Out for 6" pattern. So not working hard then!!!!!
Legs seem to have recovered from Abingdon -only two things of note..
Right instep was "Pulling" a bit - I'll need to massage that a bit shortly...
Left hamstring is a bit tight too., noticed the same at Abingdon - so stretching and get to a sports Phizz soon to work it loose..
Right - this is what happened
Distance:-7.17 Miles
Time:- 58:45
Pace:- 8:12 min/mile
AvHR:-171 (a little bit high - 79% MHR)
And the order of the next few weeks is Base Training - I SO need to build up my aerobic base.. Abingdon illustrated that vey clearly!!
So off I went - into the the rather windy and damp conditions prevailing in Liverpool today. Run was a mixture of road , pavement, cinder path..
I'm convinced the wind knew where I was going - 'cos it kept shifting round and blowing AT me!!
and on a sort of circular route too
Bah
Anyway - miles and time on feet are the order of the day anyway - and running aerobically!!!!
Hr was a bit higher than I would have liked - but it's been a hectic couple of weeks!! So I just went for the comfortable - breathe like you're not doing any work thing. In fact found that my breathing pattern was an "In for 4 - Out for 6" pattern. So not working hard then!!!!!
Legs seem to have recovered from Abingdon -only two things of note..
Right instep was "Pulling" a bit - I'll need to massage that a bit shortly...
Left hamstring is a bit tight too., noticed the same at Abingdon - so stretching and get to a sports Phizz soon to work it loose..
Right - this is what happened
Distance:-7.17 Miles
Time:- 58:45
Pace:- 8:12 min/mile
AvHR:-171 (a little bit high - 79% MHR)
| Mile | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 0.17 | Run |
| Pace | 7:32 | 8:15 | 8:13 | 8:10 | 8:15 | 8:30 | 8:21 | 8:41 | 8:12 |
| Time | 7:32 | 15:48 | 24:02 | 32:12 | 40:28 | 48:58 | 57:20 | 58:45 | 58:45 |
| AvHR | 155 | 167 | 173 | 176 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 174 | 171 |


4 Comments:
er, I think that shows some drift?
well done for getting out in this inhospitable weather
xx
By
beanz, on 25 October, 2005 17:21
Blimey, this is starting to look like a training blog!
By
Anonymous, on 25 October, 2005 17:46
thought the instructions were for SEVEN miles not 7.16!
;-p
[hides]
By
Evil Pixie, on 25 October, 2005 20:24
hmmphf
By
Cath Delaney, on 25 October, 2005 21:36
Post a Comment
<< Home