"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I Have Returned

Hi everyone - I'm back again with a new blog to represent a new chapter in my life. I have struggled a little with what to call it and so please forgive me if it changes on occasion.

So - big changes in my life! I am at a major change point in my life and I need to discover the true direction that it will follow. It will undoubtedly be an adventure, but it is also a frighteningly daunting prospect too. There are however, a number of absolute certainties which will shape what happens to me. I have three beautiful children who will always need me to be a positive influence on their lives. I took on the responsibility of bringing them into this world. It is my privilege to be a part of their existence, and I have to make sure that I do all that I can to keep them safe, secure certain in the absolute love that they demand and deserve.
I have to learn and strive to be happy and proud of the person that I am, and to find the path in my life that allows me to acheive all that I can. I know that I am very good at my job. But I have lost my way over a period of time and I need to rediscover the part of me that excels in that part of my life. I can't do it here. There are too many things which have made the way I think about the job I am currently in and the whole reason that I found myself here that are no longer a part of what and who and where I am. So I have to move on. There are a few places that I would like to work and so I am about to step on the rollercoaster of applications, interviews, moving, finding new friends and become part of a new family wherever I end up. I have neglected my closest friends and family for too long. That is not going to happen again. I have lost contact with the musician in me - I am going to find him again. I recently had my eyes reopened to the beauty and simplicity of the world around us - and for that I will be forever grateful. And I will not lose sight of it again. And I have been shown that love in all its forms is the most powerful thing that we as people can ever posses and give to others.

And so I will tell you what happens in my little life.

Running friends.....
I have started running again - here is what I posted on Runners World yesterday

SO here's where I am
Got injured
ITB was the symptom and it was a nasty one. Almost that bad I thought I'd done my lateral meniscus.
Rest Rest Rest etc
Eventually went to Phizz - who diagnosed weak bum and hamstrings.

It's about 7 weeks or so since I trained (did do 2 little runs about 2 weeks ago before seeing physio, and I've lost weight (that's not a Good Thing as those who've met me will tell you..!)

And so I ran for (almost) the first time tonight.

Well - I'm not fit anymore !!!!!!
Slow 40 mins - legs felt OK but my lungs were tring to tear themselves apart and HR - lets not go there shall we.

I think I have accumulated much crud in my breathing tubes over the past weeks and it's going to take a bit of shifting.

But hopefully this signifies a return to the fold for me and THIS time I will try not to overdo it and be well behaved...!!

Can peeps be armed with large beating implements if I look like I'm overdoing it again - I really don't want ANOTHER stupidity injury.

:o)

I ran for 40 minutes - 5 Miles around the town - just kept going round in circles really!!!
Today I can still feel the burning lungs thing.... but I'm hoping that will get better once I start to use them to full capacity again
Thing is that now I can FEEL what the Physio was talking about. Hamstrings and Glutes are a bit ...errrr..... tender today.
And I am over a stone lighter that when I got injured - that really is not a good thing and I have to discipline myself to eat more because otherwise I'm going to get ill. And that wouldn't do.
I think that this situation lends itself perfectly to gentle Base Training until I have recovered what fitness and condition I had and then I'll see how I should move from there.

Some fantastic running news

My Little Sister (Previously known as H-C-S) ran FLM on Sunday and she FLEW

3 hours 36 mins and 03 seconds

I am SO incredibly proud of her. A GFA and we should be running together next year. Brilliant..!!!!!!!

This Evenings Run

What: 3.2 Miles in 26:17 (8:12 mins/mile) Hmmm that's probably a bit quick at the moment
Why: I need to do some miles - any miles (just not too many..!!!)
Last Rest: Monday
Last Hard: 23 Jan
AvHR: 167 a bit high - but around about where I was training before I got injured.

4 Comments:

  • so-now you know where my blog is as well!


    Welcome back

    Im intrigued by what you are planning to do-especially the music issues-so will be following with interest
    RReally glad you are back running




    and congratulations to HCS-what a storming run!



    see you soon
    Ruth xxxxxxxxxx

    By Blogger b-z, on 20 April, 2005 15:22  

  • welcome back {hugs} and well done sis!
    Looking forward to hearing the updates - we're both on the road back now!
    Pix

    By Blogger Evil Pixie, on 20 April, 2005 16:02  

  • Hi Guys
    Thanks - I don't know what I'll get to do with music just yet Ruth. It is a big part of me that has been dormant for a VERY long time. And it needs to re-emerge..

    So much to do - still... one step at a time ..eh..?

    By Blogger Leon, on 20 April, 2005 17:17  

  • welcome back

    and well done HCS - sorry I was a bit blank when we spoke!

    and remember - take it gently!

    By Blogger beanz, on 20 April, 2005 20:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home