"You'rePlanningToDoWHAT...???!!!"

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

*** It's VERY VERY small... ***

...ones place in the life of others, that is.

Leastways that is the way that it can be perceived.

I'm not being obtuse, I'll explain!
Every time is dropped my kids back to their Mum's soon after we first split up, it was like having my heart torn out of my chest as I drove away. Eyes always leaked. But in time it became less difficult.
Now, it is inevitable that your relationship with your kids is going to change over time, and that process is accelerated when you are *not* a part of their daily lives.
Circumstances change, and the adults in the equation make significant decisions in *their* lives which impact in the children's 'normal' routine.
Or external factors make subtle but significant changes to their world, and hopefully in a good way.
My kids, over the last 3½ weeks have spent more time away from home than they've ever done before. In part it was planned - in part it was the consequence of an unexpected external influence (a good one actually :-), but not one that includes me!).
Naturally, they were excited and happy to be home :-) And excited about the unexpected external influence - which means a trip to Canada tomorrow!!!!! Fabulous!

And so - I drove away, almost unnoticed, while bouncing excited children made mischief, and my ex and her partner busied themselves with packing and sorting for a mass exodus family holiday (all my ex's family are going on the trip too!)

Eyes leaked a bit on the drive back (which is almost always a rather lonesome time) - I blame Evanescence for that - Immortal hit a nerve!
Life moves on - and bits of it move on without you. It's the nature of it I suppose!

Doesn't stop you feeling - for that moment at least, very very small!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home